Joshua (Josh) is a Partner practicing in the areas of domestic relations and family law. Josh is dedicated to helping clients work through the myriad of emotions and legal uncertainties that accompany divorce, dissolution, custody and child support proceedings. He zealously represents his clients’ interests while seeking collaborative and amicable solutions, treating each case with sensitivity, respect and understanding.
Josh also serves as a Guardian ad Litem for children in several area domestic, juvenile, and family courts. Josh is also certified by the Supreme Court of Ohio Judicial College in Family and Divorce Mediation, and is now accepting referrals for mediation matters.
Josh was selected by Super Lawyers Magazine in the field of family law to Ohio Rising Stars in 2019 and 2020 and to Maryland Rising Stars in 2010 and 2015. He is an alumnus of the Akron Bar Association’s Leadership Academy and currently serves on its Certified Grievance Committee’s Investigative Subcommittee. Josh is a Member of the Board of Trustees of Temple Israel in Akron and serves on the Finance Committee of the Jewish Community Board of Akron.
Josh moved to Ohio from Baltimore, Maryland, in 2014 and previously served as a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Baltimore Bar Foundation, Inc., Chair of the Young Lawyers’ Division of the Bar Association of Baltimore City, and as a Member of the Board of Governors of the Maryland State Bar Association.
Josh resides in Copley with his wife and their two young children.
- Akron Bar Association, Member, Certified Grievance Committee’s Investigative Subcommittee, 2018-present; Leadership Academy, 2016-2017; Family Law Section, New Lawyers Section, 2014-present
- Ohio State Bar Association, 2018-present
- Temple Israel, Akron, Member, Board of Trustees, 2015-present; Co-Chair, Strategic Plan Implementation Committee, Financial Sustainability Subcommittee, September 2018-Present; Chair High Holiday Food Drive, 2014-present
- Jewish Community Board of Akron Finance Committee, 2019-present; Jewish Leadership Initiative, 2017
- CASA/GAL Program of Summit County, Volunteer Guardian ad Litem, November 2014-present
- Super Lawyers, Selected to Ohio Rising Stars 2019 and 2020; Maryland Rising Stars 2010 and 2015, Family Law
- The Bar Association of Baltimore City, Young Lawyers’ Division, Young Lawyer Of The Year Award, 2009
COURTS AND AFFILIATIONS
- State of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association, Member of the Family Law and Juvenile Law Sections
- Benjamin N. Cardozo College of Law, J.D. 2007
- Washington University, Social Thought and Analysis, B.A., with Honors 2004