“We share a common vision of providing
high quality legal services to our clients.”

Marc P. Gertz


Marc is a Partner and has practiced in the area of bankruptcy and commercial law for more than 40 years. During that time, he has represented both personal and business debtors and creditors in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 proceedings. He has served as both a Chapter 11 Trustee and as a State Court Receiver. Marc has been a Chapter 7 Panel Trustee for over 40 years.

Marc is currently an Adjunct Professor teaching Bankruptcy Law at The University of Akron School of Law. He is a frequent lecturer on bankruptcy law, having spoken before the Akron and Cleveland Bar Associations, the White-Williams Bankruptcy Institute, The University of Akron College of Law, and Cleveland State University. He has also been a contributing writer in the book “Chapter 7 Consumer Bankruptcy Strategies”.

Marc has been AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated in Bankruptcy through Martindale-Hubbell for the past 17 years. Marc was selected as an Ohio Super Lawyer for his work in bankruptcy representation.


Community Involvement

    • Chair of the Shaw Jewish Community Center’s Endowment Fund
    • Board Member of the Neurosciences Campaign Committee for The Ohio State University
    • Past President of the Shaw Jewish Community Center
    • Past President of the Western Reserve Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center
    • Former Board Member Akron Jewish Community Board
    • Former Board Member Kent State Hillel and Jewish Family Service

Courts and Affiliations

    • State of Ohio
    • United States Bankruptcy Court
    • U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
    • The 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
    • Ohio State Bar Association
    • Akron Bar Association, Past Chair of the Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section
    • National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees


    • The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D. 1977
    • The Ohio State University, B.S. 1974

The Rest of Our Team

Reviews From Our Clients

Receive Legal Help Today

Or Request A Consultation By Calling: